Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Navigation lights

You might look at these, they look like they would fit almost anywhere.
Remember, they don't have to be on the very tip of the front, you could
mount one on either side of your troller.
http://tinyurl.com/n2h4x
http://tinyurl.com/od9ez
Otherwise, I would look at getting a longer stern pole and adapting
that pole to your existing bow light. If it looks hokey that way, so
what? It'll only be in place at night!

Doug wrote:
Hey group,

What do you guys do about your front (red/green) navigation lights when your
trolling motor takes up the front? I have a 10 inch extended post for my
lights, but it's not enough to get over my new trolling motor, and there's
not enough room for a perm mount off the front. I have been scratching my
head for almost a week now looking at this and that, and no matter what I
see, I'm afraid it will look hokey, which will not do.

I have that triangular piece holding the front together, and was thinking
about mounting some LED's to the front of that piece, any thoughts? If so,
where could I get some that would fit up there? Links? My only
intrepidation about that is when I might bump into stuff with the front of
the boat, it may break them.
Any other idea's for Nav. lights up front?
If it matters, it's a 16.5 Aluminum boat
I've been dying to get this new boat out to some night time bassin, but no
lights!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and idea's!!

Anybody been doing any good at night lately? If so, on what and where at?

Tight lines,

Doug