Old November 1st, 2005, 12:08 AM
Jeff

Default Fishing question

"Terry Lomax" wrote in message
oups.com...

but many northerners practice a bizarre Yankee ritual
called "shore lunch".

I have been fishing for 40 years. First time I heard of "Shore Lunch" was at
Woodlands Park Colorado. I was fishing there one early cold morning in 1992
and saw this group along the bank cooking. (I always fished off the Dam). I
walked over being that I was nosy to see if they had caught anything. There
were 4 of them, I recall that they had about 50 trout. Stockers about 12
inches long. And they were frying them up. I am for the most part a C&R
fisherman with the exception of Catfish. Anyway, they had about 50. IIRC the
possesion limit was 8. They told me they were having "Shore Lunch" at 7 in
the morning. I know for a fact this group didnt eat 50 fish, were well in
excess of possesion limits and I have no doubt some were under 12 inches.
When the game warden came along later that morning, I sent him thier way.