Old September 17th, 2004, 07:51 PM
go-bassn

Default Dropshotting

You can ds anywhere you cr, shallow & deep water included. I've ds'ed in 1
foot of water with great success.

WW
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
My best guess based on my total lack of skill at the technique is....

Clear to lightly stained with scattered grass growing off the bottom upto

as
tall as 2 feet. Depth being anywhere there are fish, but I can't see drop
shotting in really really shallow water. For really really really deep
water I think I would tend to look more at a Carolina rig.

However, there are some exceptions. I might use a drop shot in places

where
I would flip or pitch like standing tulies in 3-6 feet of water if I felt

more finesse presentation would work. Probably go more to a "Bubba
Shotting" type app in those cases using 20lb fluorocarbon and a hook with

weedguard. I might even use a weight with a rattle built in. My
presentation for this would probably be gin clear water where I have seen
good fish. I would back way off from the tulies to near my maximum

pitching
distance and be prepared to kick my trolling motor upto high and crash

into
the tulies if I hooked up a good fish.

Just some thoughts. Your mileage will vary.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

"John C. French" wrote in message
. ..
What are ideal conditions for DS? Such as deep or shallow, clear or

stained,
weeds or gravel, etc. Any info anyone would like to give on conditions

or
techniques is appreciated. I have tried several times with out success.

TIA

John C. French