Old September 17th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

Default Dropshotting

OK, I understand what you mean now. I was thinking you were using a DS rig
with a slider bobber, you know the ones that has the teeny rubber thingie
you slide on the line that is called a "stopper" because the float slides up
and down the line 'till it is "stopped" by the "bobber stopper". This
little rubber thing even comes through the eyes of the rod and lays in on
the spool of the reel. Good killer rig for suspending fish such as the
walleye and sometimes the SMB ;-)
With the floating plastic I was thinking you had the shot only inches away
from the floating plastic bait of some kind.
This weekend I am going to try a new method using the underwater camera,
with an old rod and a quick release attached on the camera end. There are
some huge fish suspending hooks on the graph at fifteen feet, wonder what
type of shotting ya call this? I always say"if at first you don't succeed,
cheat and then give up!" :-)
--
Steve
"go-bassn" wrote in message
I've done that too Steve. I'm not sure what you mean by the bobber
stopper/floating plastic. ds is deadly on bedders of both species,
especially in shallow water. I use about a 36" leader for shallow
dropshotting, everything else just the ordinary.

Warren

"Steve & Chris Clark" wrote in message
Warren, could you elaborate on that 1' DS method? Did you, by chance,

use
it from a distance on bedded bass with a bobber stopper or was the

plastic
of the floating variety?
--
Steve

"go-bassn" wrote in message
You can ds anywhere you cr, shallow & deep water included. I've ds'ed

in
1
foot of water with great success.

WW