Old April 30th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Wayne

Default Casting Disaster

The obvious solution is a new Scott rod. You simply don't have this
abominable situation.
--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
New fly rod....big trouble. Tried casting while actually standing in a
stream last night. Two books said that x amount of line should be laying

in
front of me before the pickup. This worked fine when practicing on the

lawn.
They do not explain what to do when the water's moving swiftly from left

right, taking the pile of line with it, and you want to fly to end up to

the
left. I managed something creative, but the leader & tippet were not

exactly
landing gracefully - more of a bunch than a nice presentation. Help.