Old May 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default BP Batteries

"Chris S" wrote in message
. ..
I would get Trojan Batteries before BP brand. I have had great luck with
Trojan

I have not had all that great of luck with Trojans. I've had about equal
performance from Sears Diehard deep cycles. Also, the price of Trojans has
jumped way up in the last year. Stupidly high. The local shop wanted 180
each for a set of group 31s, and the best I could find them on line for was
about 140+ freight.

At 180 for Trojans its not that much to step up to some absorbed glass matt
batteries at 199 each. That's what I did. Got a set of Cabelas brand AGMs.
I have not had them long ewnough to tell how they will last long term, but
short term they are sure holding up real well for under hard use. Better
than my Trojans or my Diehards.

Saturday I spent 8 hrs in the current fishing an ABA tournament pulling hard
and flipping. I had the stereo on the second half of the day. At the end
of the day the TM was pulling just as hard as it did at the begining of the
day. I put the independent 6 amp chargers on them over night, and they all
read full charge the next morning ready to go. I fished the Yuma Pro Am
tournament on Sunday and did it again. Again at the end of the day the TM
still had enough thrust to pitch you out of the boat if you weren't careful.

Now to see how many months I get out of them. I got 12-18 months max out
Trojans or Diehards and less out of Interstates in the past. They would
still load test as good, but they just couldn't pull hard all day long
anymore.

If I can get two years out of them it will be a first.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River