Old October 15th, 2007, 02:03 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
The Midnight Rider

Default Polish Pikers

We had the problem at a local pool but they were taking the tench, the pool
now sports 2 mountain bikes and 3 sets of tackle in the weeds at the lower
end, thanks to a small group of local guys. The poles no longer fish there
as far as we know.

"matthew walker" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've been fishing some of my regular locations on the river Trent. There
has
been an influx of Polish people to the area recently. When I have been
fishing they are polite and interested in fishing methods, but are taking
pike from the river. They have licenses and are legal, but feel that they
are eroding the pike stock in the Trent. This is not the odd pike, they
are
being hammered. Is this legal? I have concerns for the future of pike in
the
Trent!

Cheers Matt