Old October 29th, 2007, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
matthew walker

Default Polish Pikers

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, The Midnight Rider, gave forth these words of
wisdom:
We had the problem at a local pool but they were taking the tench, the
pool now sports 2 mountain bikes and 3 sets of tackle in the weeds at
the lower end, thanks to a small group of local guys. The poles no
longer fish there as far as we know.

Nice bit of xenophobia!

Not xenophobia, just fact! We have culteral differences in the way we fish.

I beleive in catch and release. The odd meal , fair enough. Don't see the
point in hammering the local stock and spoiling for others. Good luck in
your endeavours !

Good luck to them if they want to eat the fish
that we consider inedible. Try Derek's 7lb Pike poached with herbs and
served with a Hollandaise Sauce. No wonder to Pole's love them :-}
If you want to moan about the state of fishing in this country then stop
the bloody Spanish trawling up our mackerel and sand eels, (OOPS! Sorry
wrong NG).
Alec (worming today - loads of roach and perch)
Have fun and chill out
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)