Old October 7th, 2009, 11:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default Soft jerkbaits

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
How do you guys fish a soft jerkbait, equipment, line sze and type of
baits used?

I prefer to use a 7' medium light, extra fast taper spinning rod and have
the reel spooled with 8 or 10 pound PowerPro. I'll Texas Rig the Zoom
SuperFluke with a 5/0 extra wide gap hook to give it just a little weight.

I can fish it on heavier line and equipment, but I like the action much more
with the light line. The lure has a much wider swinging action and that
seems to trigger more strikes.

I'll fish it with a twitch, twitch pause, motion, varying the pause
depending upon the depth of the water. This combo sinks fairly slow, but
quite often the lure is eaten before or immediately after the first twitch.
--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief