Old January 26th, 2005, 05:27 PM
SimRacer

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Pat_RI" wrote in message
news:G2PJd.63882$Tf5.45394@lakeread03...
What are the benefits of using the 7 foot rod over the others?

I like the way 7 foot rods cast, if I want to cover a lot of water in a
hurry, I can really launch a spinnerbait waaaaay out there. I also

believe
that because the "swing radius" is larger, that you're moving more line on

hookset, thus getting better hooksets. I also like the way I can control

fish on a longer rod.

Don't forget leverage Steve. Longer rods (with say an average height man)
give you more leverage to effect hooksets, and also leverage for wrangling
fish out of cover.

But much of this is subjective and personal preference/beliefs. That's

why
I gave you three to choose from. Head to your closest St. Croix dealer

and
check them out for yourself. YOU decide which on you prefer, afterall,
you're footing the bill.

I love St Croix rods, though I use the lower end Premier series. Still
mighty fine rods IMO.

--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com