Old May 15th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Sierra fisher

Default Does anyone tie or use tube flies?

Tube flies are very popular for steelhead and Atlantic salmon fishing where
larger flies are used. The only pattern that I have considered for trout
are wooly buggers. Over the years there have been lots of discussions of
patterns, tubes, and flies on the Spey Clave
(http://www.flyfishingforum.com/speyclave/) You can do a search on their
archives and pull up a lot of patterns and discussions.
I have gotten away from Q-tips because they are not permanent enough. A few
large fish or a lot of casts will tear them up. HMG markets some tubes in
plastic, aluminum and brass that will give you a long lasting fly. Hobby
shops also have good materials for tubes. The sphagetti tubing tht you can
get from auto parts shops is great for 1/8" tubes.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Padishar Creel" wrote in message
I have been into tube flies for a while now and I haven't seen many posts
about tube flies. Anyone have some favorite patterns, hints on their use,
or experiences to share?

Chris

---