Old February 12th, 2008, 11:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default HARD BAITS

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
wrote in message
can some one please recommend a good hard bait for me. (perferably
not top water)

THANKS

Flat A
Fat A
Baby N
Deep Baby N
Shad-R

Why? They all work.

First of all, you have to remember that there is no ONE good hard bait.
There are literally hundreds of different models, styles, brands and colors
that will catch fish. There are models that run just under the surface,
some run down three-five feet and there are deep divers that will hit
eighteen to twenty feet. I carry probably 100 different crankbaits in my
boat and I'm not even a big crankbait fan.

Bob has already listed some good ones and here's some more.

Original floating Rapala (gold/black and silver/blue)
Original jointed Rapala (same colors)
Rapala Suspending Husky Jerk
Rapala Shad Rap
Worden's Timber Tiger