Old May 7th, 2007, 04:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Cyli

Default fishing tent

On Sun, 06 May 2007 15:56:44 -0400, jeff
wrote:

i'm working on the light load principle...esp. since my belly has
decided to add to the load.

just got a light sleeping bag suitable for 3 seasons in nc (35F)...2
lbs. the tent is about the same. thermarest also...so that leaves 13
pounds for the food, right? g don't have a stove or water purifier
yet, and just a few basic (cheap) utensils. like me, this camp-fish
thing is still a quirk in progress.

And the change of clothing in case your stuff gets wet? The rain gear
in case of rain? Poly fleece hoodie for the cool evenings? The
flyfishing equipment? Sawyer snakebite kit doesn't weigh much, but
don't you wish you'd had it along the time you and a cotton mouth met?
Since you'll probably wet wade, you won't need the waders.

A bear canister weighs about 3 pounds, if you want to keep your food
safe from bears and raccoons and vice versa. Makes a decent seat for
around the campfire, too.
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli