Old March 8th, 2004, 01:32 PM
RichG

Default How to rig & fish a spoon?

After a year or so, I'll sell you all of the little red tabs that I
remove!!!

Nah.. I don't know where one could buy more of either. The red tabs may work
very well for you. I just got in the habit of removing them since I started
with the red "fans" and didn't want to change when the red tabs came out.
The red "fans" are certainly more garish. The red tabs might work well in
very clear water, which is at a premium here in the summer. I just related
what I do and why I do it. Just cause I do it, doesn't make it the only or
the right way.

re snap swivels on jigs...nope, just a loop knot. Probably should have
clarified that earlier. No reason why one couldn't use a shock leader with
a snap swivel, just like a spoon. If I move from a spoon to a jig , then
I'd just snip the spoon off and tie the jighead on.

My favorite "tout" or jig is the red and white ones. I guess most guys use
"lime-treuse" bass-assassins from what I've read..... but I'm old and old
fashioned. RichG
--
RichG
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners