Old March 10th, 2004, 08:08 AM
joe

Default How to rig & fish a spoon?

In article ,
(pcadd) wrote:

Thanks, basically what I thought. Except for the part about the little
red tab. I have not been taking them off. Reading your reply I guess
it is useless to have them attached, right? Can extra "fans" or
"skirts" be purchased seperatly somewhere and do you use snap swivels
on jigs? Great info here.

You can add pretty much anything on the hook; grub tail, pork skin,
fishbites (scented strip), etc. I have one I added a rattle to the ring
up top. Just be aware that anything you add will likely change the
action at a given retrieve speed. You can use this to your advantage. I
use trailers in the winter to slow down the spoon retrieve for sluggish
fish.
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
Flats fishing is Flat Fun!