Old April 27th, 2007, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

Default Sea Fishing Newbie!

In article , lid
wrote:

I reckon as I'm new to it all, I'm probably doing a few of the things you
mentioned all at once - slightly snatching, into a slight headwind, perhaps
with a bit of weed and swivel twisting going on.

I guess its not something you notice that frequently in your casting if
you're a sit and fish type of person (I like to move about a lot and so cast
more often and consequently experience more nests as I'm picking up the
knack of sea casting).

It's worth pointing out that in much sal****er spinning/plugging -
especially over rock/graunch most fish take within ten yards of the rod
tip. Twenty five yards is a loooong cast and many fish that hit at range
are poorly hooked so relax, work close and quiet, don't strain for distance
and your troubles will evaporate. (Still check the svivels OK?)

Cheerio,

--
Fishing:
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/