Old March 20th, 2006, 04:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,alt.fishing

Default The Sport of Carp Fishing

greg wrote:

I simply cant believe how ignorant you are. If you were just a bit smarter,
you would understand that carp days are coming and coming quickly to the
States.

Then the States needs to urgently re-examine its policies, before its
waterways are overrun, fouled up, and devoid of anything but mud puppies.

You are simply so completely blinded with whatever all those
colorful fishing magazines tell you that you would not even consider
anything but bass fishing.

Making baseless statements makes you like stupid. I don't buy magazines
unless they are giving away free stuff. I also don't fish for bass. Why
would I when there are much better fish to target such as Murray Cod and
Yellowbelly about?
I also target carp regularly, but for different reasons.

Bass fishing is a lot of fun, but hey, open your
eyes!

Pot, Kettle, Black. That bit on your map that says "here be dragons..."
is actually The Rest Of The World. It exists. The US is not alone on
planet earth. Introduced carp are a problem in many countries.

I'm not denying that carp are a fun fish to catch, I just think
promoting them is stupid due to the damage they have been proven to do.
I don't think you'd win many freinds by illegaling stocking carp into a
previously carp free waterway.

I bet if someone in the USA starts up CarpMaster and put some money into
marketing (and this will happen very soon) you will be the first one to
switch

We already have carp killing tournaments to get rid of the pests.
My comments are about releasing them or caring for the scumsuckers.
Standard practice is to take a small axe to despatch them, so you don't
foul a knife to be used on a decent fish.
E.