Old March 20th, 2006, 03:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,alt.fishing

Default my ideas

greg wrote:

Supporting:
"That *would* be a fun catch on 6lb line. Most spots i go to the carp are
70-100cm+. Killing them is a civic duty.
Yes, if it was spent on rotenone to kill them."

Is cruel brutal and simply stupid. Will you take your children to a lake and
teach them "to cut their stinking heads off then let them go."?

In a heart beat, and it's brilliant, not stupid, would do the same for
snake heads, and all those other carp that are now taking over. It's
called PEST CONTROL, no different than killing rats, as carp are the
rats of the water. I guess you think it's cruel to set a mouse trap in
your house ? Do you teach your kids that roaches are nice and should
never be killed ?

I'm a person who will remove a rattle snake from my property without
harming it, because they control the rats, they have a place here, they
are native, plus they are just fun to catch unharmed

There is a big chance carp is more native in the USA then most of you guys.
And is here to stay. Killing animals just to show off is sensless and it is
against animal crualty law. I cant believe no one said anything against "to
cut their stinking heads off then let them go." How many years must pass
until carp will become "native" according to you?

NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and just not me, but the biologist feel the same way, the guys who
actually know, they don't let their beliefs get in the way of the facts.

In some places carp, are the only fish in the water, in many more areas
carp are over 80% of the fish Bio-mass. They had to displaced all the
native species, to get there.

Do you also support killing other species as well which may be a threat to
bass? I heard people killing gar, pike, muskie...

Non native fish, are the only ones we take out, those listed eat bass,
that improves the bass size and quality, taking out numbers that
actually need to be, to keep bass from over populating, and being
stunted, carp keep bass from spawning, eliminating them, carp also
disrupt the native food chain for bass, and other species

I hope I will at least make you thinking.

Yep, that I must now target more carp, because Stupid people like you
are C&R them, and teaching other to do it. I'm all for people catching
carp for fun,, JUST KILL THEM, there is absolutely no reason for C&R of
carp, their numbers are HUGE, and getting bigger. You release a 30 lb
female carp, and you just put half a million more carp in the water next
year. People like you, want us, to give up on all other fishing, just
like you have. It's not going to happen, without a fight.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,