Old June 19th, 2009, 03:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
gitancredi

Default Raising Red worms

I am new at it also and would like to know
"Dave" wrote in message
What's a good food for raising red wigglers? I raise mine in a large
plastic tub. I have a huge crop that is reproducing with a lot of eggs in
the tub. My bedding consists of corn cob dust, and peat moss which I keep
moist. I've been mixing the bedding with Gravy Train dry dog food. I also
sprinkle yellow corn meal on top and lay folded newspaper on top and wet
it down. I am careful not to mix in the corn meal because it will sour and
kill all the worms as I have learned the hard way in the past. I would
appreciate knowing what you all, who raise their bait use for worm food.
I am primarily a Blue Gill, Crappie, and Channel Cat fisherman. Also, how
do you protect your worms from dying in the wintertime? I kept mine in our
attached garage which gets cold, but not freezing. A lot of them crawled
out of the tub and were spread all over the garage floor and died. Thanks
a lot for your information and help.

signature database 4152 (20090612) __________

http://www.eset.com