Old June 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default Oil/location report...

On 6-Jun-2010, wrote:

manent species damage. One analogy I've
heard is comparing it to a highly-localized deadly-disease epidemic - it's
really bad thing for those species members directly infected, but for
humans as
a species, it isn't threatening.

=====

I find this whole episode VERY VERY depressing!!!
It is definitely threating to the world and the human race!!!

It kind of ****es me off that the waters surrounding the US were opened for
more drilling, fairtly recent;y
We should have developed an alternate fuel source regardless of the
economics involved - YEARS ago
But
The economics involved upset the status quo

There is so much $$$ involved here that the powers that be (Obama or any
other politician) can and will do very little to rectify the situaton.

Democracy -???? I think not!
We are an oliarchy controlled by the very few and wealthy families (from all
countries)
Obama is as powerles here as he is in Iraq or Afghanistan.

War is great $$ for the few as is oil
Perhaps that is why we moved to MT??
Where very few trust the federal government !

Ditto here.

The only reason I still pay taxes (which line the pockets of a few at the
expense of all )
I do not want to go to jail nor would I ever put my family in jeopardy.
I have considered putting my taxes in an escrow account until ...?
As I want no part of money going to bombs and equipping American soldiers to
defend hteir lives to go in harm's way - For what??

Re escrow -Same penalty of jail
I believe Joan Baez did the same.

We live near Randy W (of Ruby Ridge)
I mention this because -, I repeat that I would never put my family in
jeopardy
Yet I will defend our land and family with all means possible

Being a proponent and true believer of global warming being accelerated by
human waste abnd greed.
I fear that we may have irreversbly harmed our planet

It would be nice if the US lived up to its bull**** platitudes and took the
lead in protecting our planet
I thought tyhat at least Obama would make some inroads
II was hoping that Obama , a man of color, would be able to approach some of
the world leaders on another level .
But
Unfortunately he is just another BS powerless self promotiing politico

Private armies, Iraq, Afghanistan , oil spills, $$$$$ , racism, religious
fanatics in the Mideast and the US
What a f'in world we live in!!!

I know that this has been said before by other generations
I am not optimistic about the planet , the US et all
I fear for the quality of life in my grandchildren's lifetime.
I would not want to be looking for awopork in this economy

In the meantime - I fish
At least I go to the same remote places - where the fish live
To hopefully forget all this crap.

Fred