Old June 11th, 2010, 02:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Oil/location report...

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:20:12 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
You described the President's interview on the Today show as
"Urkel goes gangsta". You're so casually and endemically racist
you can't even recognize it when you utter it on Usenet. Sad.

Well, Webster, I thought, ever so briefly, about "Lyle Alzado goes 'Swan Lake'"
but it didn't quite sound the same...again, explain how what I did say was
"racist"...if you can...

Like I said, sad.

Yeah, you SAID it, but apparently, you cannot EXPLAIN it...

I cannot explain it *TO YOU*. And that's related to something
else I've already said regarding casual and endemic.

I didn't ask that you explain it *TO ME* (or anyone in particular) - I asked
that you explain it. But OK, explain *YOUR REASONING* for finding the phrase
"Urkel goes gangsta" racist. And note that I did not describe the interview as
anything. What I did do, in general terms, is describe his "As soon as someone
tells me whose ass needs kicking, I'm going to kick it..." as "Urkel goes
gangsta."

You, Steve, and whoever else might find it disparaging, uncomplimentary, unfair,
inaccurate, etc. (and others may find it appropriate, accurate, fair, etc.), but
it isn't "racist," "sexist," "Anglophobic," etc.

HTH,