Old June 11th, 2010, 03:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Default Oil/location report...

On 6/10/10 7:47 PM, wrote:

I didn't ask that you explain it *TO ME* (or anyone in particular) - I asked
that you explain it. But OK, explain *YOUR REASONING* for finding the phrase
"Urkel goes gangsta" racist.

You used two African American stereotypes ("Urkel" and "gangsta") to
satirize an African American president. That's racist.

Racist jokes can sometimes be forgiven as comedy. Many black and white
comedians make racist jokes for a living, and some of them are funny.
What is unforgivable is that you cribbed this joke (without attribution)
from the right-wing noise machine -- most probably from Mark Davis
filling in for Rush Limbaugh on the Limbaugh show, who said that Obama's
comments were "like Urkel channeling Jay-Z."

If you have to be racist you could at least try to be original, and
failing that, honest.