Old December 29th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Joshuall" wrote in message
What's the strangest bait yall have intentionally caught bass on? Last
year I had my son and grand son in the boat, we were fishing for bass and
ran out of night crawlers (only use them when the lil one's with us) and
we ran out. Took out a bag of Cheetos ... put one on a hook with a slip
bobber and .... BAM... we caught a nice two pounder for em lol lol.

Personally, I haven't used anything strange for catching bass, but Gil had a
couple of clients last season that did while he guided them.

They were out for smallmouth bass and he had been catching them on
pumpkinseed tube jigs. That particular day however, the bass were not
cooperating very well until the client, without Gil's knowledge changed
lures. He tied on a standard worm hook and was catching smallies right and
left using raspberry flavored Gummi-Worms!

Gil tried using some small soft plastics in a similar color, but evidently
the smallies wanted something sweet that day.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com