Old April 26th, 2005, 04:24 AM
asther00tsundo asther00tsundo is offline
Junior Member

Default Private Pond Catfish methods

Hey, I am on the central coast of california and fishing a private pond, the pond has lots of bluegill, a few bass, and some cats. I'm a relatively young fisherman (only 20). I was wondering if you guys had any reccomendations on what baits to use, if you know hook sizes, and weight sizes/types please include that. Ive tried berkely stinkbait, and mealworms and havent had any luck. I've caught a lot of cats on nightcrawlers and hotdogs but theres no bait shops nearby that sell nightcrawlers. I've had extremely good luck in lakes in san diego county, one time me and 2 friends pulled out 50 cats in about 5 hours, nothing big but fun either way. any advice would be greatly appreciated. also, if you know how to catch baby bluegills please let me know, i havent had any luck catching the little guys.