Old May 7th, 2005, 04:57 AM

I also fish a private pond much like you described and was catching cats by
accident trying to catch bluegills on grasshoppers and bugs right there at
the pond. I started taking a size 1 hook and loading it up with grasshoppers
and was catching cats left and right. Sometimes it helps to use whatever
they would normally be eating in a smaller body of water. Might want to give
that a shot.
"asther00tsundo" wrote in
message m...

Hey, I am on the central coast of california and fishing a private pond,
the pond has lots of bluegill, a few bass, and some cats. I'm a
relatively young fisherman (only 20). I was wondering if you guys had
any reccomendations on what baits to use, if you know hook sizes, and
weight sizes/types please include that. Ive tried berkely stinkbait,
and mealworms and havent had any luck. I've caught a lot of cats on
nightcrawlers and hotdogs but theres no bait shops nearby that sell
nightcrawlers. I've had extremely good luck in lakes in san diego
county, one time me and 2 friends pulled out 50 cats in about 5 hours,
nothing big but fun either way. any advice would be greatly
appreciated. also, if you know how to catch baby bluegills please let
me know, i havent had any luck catching the little guys.

--
asther00tsundo