Old May 9th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Rodney

R wrote:
I also fish a private pond much like you described and was catching cats by
accident trying to catch bluegills on grasshoppers and bugs right there at
the pond. I started taking a size 1 hook and loading it up with grasshoppers
and was catching cats left and right. Sometimes it helps to use whatever
they would normally be eating in a smaller body of water. Might want to give
that a shot.

Grass hoppers are really number one , when you can catch some, try to
get those too big for the bream.

I have never had a cat fish turn down a hopper

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread