Old June 5th, 2007, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Ken Ward

Default wreck advice weymouth

"Fantom" wrote in message
Hi,

planning to go wreck fishing this month in weymouth, i intend to go
fishing for pollock, not conger and ling.

1. Would a 12-20 class rod suffice or would i be better off with a
15-30lb?

2. An abu seven reel loaded with 15lb braid or should i load it with 20lb?

this is my first wreck trip and so im hesitant on buying new gear.

From my experience of a few years ago....

12-20 Rod

15 Braid

15 feet trace

Black "redgills".

Check the echo sounder for "blips" above the wreck.

Slooooowly down and up.. about one turn of the handle per second, just to
get the tail of the redgill vibrating.

Good god, I wish I was coming with you now! It's been a long time!

Ken Ward.