Old September 9th, 2006, 09:33 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Default Can I de-scent flys?

S. Inkson wrote:
I have a lot of good (expensive) flys but I seem to get a lot more
suspicious looks and then refusals than I should. I know the size and
patterns are good but wonder now because of the incredible sense of
smell trout reputedly have that the flys have somehow become tainted.
I'm not a smoker,careful with sunscreen,insect spray and wash my hands
etc but is there a way or product I can wash the flys in or with?
Regards Simon .

I think the old boys, in the old days, would store they're streamers in
their sardine cans. Just remember to take 'em out before lunch.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer