Old January 11th, 2008, 04:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
JamesRay[_2_]

Default Listening to the "old timers"!

(John B) wrote in news:28440-4786A33F-364@storefull-
3215.bay.webtv.net:

I have been searching for a winter pattern and bait that works here on
my little lake...some luck, but not enough to brag about!

Yesterday I saw George fishing off the corner by the little dock by my
cabin. George has fished this lake for 20+ years. I went out and said
hello...any luck? He told me he had caught 3 crappie, and 4 bass. Just
as he was telling me that, he hooked up and landed a nice bass. I

looked
at the bait....a little curly tail, chartreuse jig with a small blade
under it. He told me he was fishing for crappie, but the bass were
eating that bait better than the crappie. I asked him if he was bottom
fishing it, and he said no, just counting to 10 and slow retrieving
it...probably about 3-4 feet off the bottom.

He offered me a couple of the jigs, we often traded baits in the

summer,
and I enthusiastically accepted his offering .

Caught 3 bass this morning, and 4 this afternoon.....Thanks George!!!!

John

If you want to catch more fish, next time try *LIVE* bait!!
(i.e.:Shiners, Worms, Crickets, Grubs, Skinks, etc.)

Never *NEVER* rely upon "pie in the sky" cock-a-mammy bull S&!T fishing
garbage that certain $paming individuals (Dick Short, StevieBoy, etc.)
are offering (trying to harp their $pam) in this NG.

If you opt to purchase their (the $pamers) flim-flam $paming junk, be
prepaired to suffer an abysmal fishing excursion.
..