Old August 14th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Fritz Nordengren

Default Catch & Release

The fish was a "croppie" as Roland Martin pronounced it (In some parts
of the county you might say "crappie"

Roland Martin: "The President caught a nice crappie and Barnie...."

The President cuts in: "he licked it"

The President went on to say, "Barney likes to be part of the fishing
experinece.... course, then we put it in the bucket so we can eat it."

The entire show is NOT online, but it is covered in a clip on Jon
Stewart's Daily Show on www.comedycentral.com (look at the 'campaigning
in the sticks' clip -- you first see some of a Kerry Stump speech --
then the crappie discussion)

Guys a piece like this -- cheezy and silly -- is just part of the
campaign trail -- a little like pardoning the Thanksgiving Turkey or
kissing babies -- and to base your political preference on one of these
appearances is a little like debating politics in a fishing group.

Oh, wait, I guess I repeated myself.

lighten up guys -- we have a long way to go before the last two weeks
of the campaign when the real ghosts come out of the closet

Henry Hefner wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Did you happen to watch Dubya on the Roland Martin show ?

Seems our Chief Executive catches bass and then lets his
dog chew them to death instead of releasing them.

If you didn't catch it the first time, it will air again
on the Outdoor Life Network. Go here and follow the links
for air times, the episode is called "The Executive Pond."

http://www.fishingwithrolandmartin.com/

I watched it today, and you have misrepresented what happened. President
Bush did say that the first dink went to the dog to play with, and he
also stated later on that the dog doesn't bite them, but just licks
them. Yes, when he put the fish on the deck it appeared in the couple of
seconds that the camera was on him, that the dog was very enthusiastic
about getting to the fish, but it was never shown or said that the dog
chews them to death. I don't know how you got out of my killfile, but
your a-fixin' to go back.