Old June 24th, 2008, 06:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jack Schmitt

Default Quebec trip (short)

My son and I spent 5 days in the Kipawa lake area of eastern Quebec from
June 8 through June 14. I have been fishing the area since 1982 and the
small mouth fishing has held up very well.

Most of the fish were taken on ultra light spinning tackle although when the
wind allowed we did have some luck on fly rods using Clouser minnows.
Warmest water we found was 69F. on the north side of one lake. Top water
action was very sparse. 4 inch plastic worms on 1/8 ounce heads accounted
for most of the spinning rod success.

The top smallie weighed almost six pounds on a Boca grip scale. We averaged
over 20 fish per day each. A few pike were also taken as well as a couple of
walleye. All fish were released.

There are 3 pictures on ABPF.

Jack in Brentwood, TN.