Old March 7th, 2007, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
John Thomson

Default Does no one have

Basically, czech nymphing was a way of fishing upstream developed by "
that's right " the Czechs, they used this tactic because it virtually
guaranteed a catch, the method was to fish the river box style, fishing
right to left then left to right, until you have covered one section then
take a couple of paces forward and start all over again, you use the flow of
the river to float the fly onto the waiting fish in that box without
covering the fish with your fly line, and spooking them, the flies normally
used are czech nymphs, pheasant tails, hares ears, and buzzers,
Hope this helps,
Tightlines,
John T.
"Devs" wrote in message
In message , John Thomson
writes
Hi everyone,
Does no one have anything to discuss in this group?, I'm sure we can come

up
with something, how about.. What does the group think about Czech

Nymphing,
as the trout season starts this month, maybe this is a good time to start
talking about tactics for the new season, I fish the River Aln in
Northumberland, it's small but holds some wonderful small wild brownies,

usually fish that czech style and find it a very productive tactic, What
does the group think?
Tightlines

What's the Czech tactic? Forgive my ignorance but it's been a long time
since I bought a Trout and Salmon!

--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"