Old December 12th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Cerumen

Default Courtmacsherry in spring

"Herman Nijland" wrote in message
Hello all,
since I don't like to stampede in a newsgroup without some kind of
introduement, here it goes - I am a Dutch fisherman, preferably fly but
quite flexible if need be. No fly purist, I like to choose the tool best
fitted for the job, but nothing beats a decent fish on a fly rod :-).

I'll be in Courtmacsherry (West-Cork, Ireland) next spring, probably by
the end of April. I read quite a few websites so far about the fishing
possibilities, and it looks like I'll be in seafishing Mekka if
everything everybody promises is only half true :-).
Still, I can't imagine that all species listed will be available all
year round for shore fishing. I'd love to catch something on the fly
while I'm there, but honestly, I haven't got much of a clue what to go

for.
I'll probably take a 8-weight flyrod, a spining rod, a carp rod and may
be a beachcaster if there's any room left.
Any tips, like what to take, what to leave home or don't waste your time
on bass because there won't be any would be most helpful.

I'm just along the coast a bit from Courtmacsherry and although I'm not
really an expert and mostly fish from my boat rather than shore fish I can
assure you the fishing is excellent and species wide ranging. There is a
close season on Bass but I can't remember what it is right now, and a bag
limit as well.
There is a very good tackle shop in Clonakilty and the owner fishes
regularly for bass. I could let you have his email address if you care to
email me. My reply to address works.
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork