Old August 29th, 2004, 02:45 PM
alwaysfishking

Default Fishing French Fries

Nope local tavern fries. I should really videotape it. I just put a piece on
a 4/0 hook and toss it near the bass. The bluegills would race to it only to
have the bass swipe it away. Hmm I'll bring the digital it has a 25 sec
movie. Ya gotta wonder if they eat them there would they eat them on a
wacky rig. How funny would that be on a tourny?

"go-bassn" wrote in message
That's rediculous, bass eating french fries...

BTW, were those Burger King fries, McDonald's, Wendy's???

Did they have katsup on them? If so, what kind & how much?

What size hook? Wacky style?

Of course, that's rediculous...

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message

Yup but not the plastic kind the real oily French Fries. Small lake by a
local rest. here has some decent size bass in the 1-3 pound range and

some
monster bluegills. As soon as you walk up to the fence the fish swim up.
This is where all the tourists feed the ducks and geese, naturally the

fish
eat whatever floats down. I lost my only speed worm that was rigged up

so
picked up a french fry and targeted a bass sitting there. As soon as it

hit
the water the bass attacked it. I caught 9 more bass in the next 30

minutes
on the french fries. The fun part was trying to get the fries past the
bluegills, scrappy little buggers. Biggest fish was about 2 pounds most

were
in the 1 pound range. The old guy next to me fishing nightcrawlers on a

4/0
hook did not fare well as the bluegills tore him up. I gave him a few

fries
and he landed a few bass. Made for an entertaining hour last night.

Would
have loved to hit one of the carp there, they are about 20-30 pounds

easy,
real big and in no hurry to pay anything any attention.

Randy-