Old November 21st, 2003, 03:23 PM
mhood

Default HELP..Baitcasting reels

go to www.japantackle.com and get him a Scorpion 1000 (right handed retrieve) or 1001 (left handed). It is HANDS DOWN the best buy/performing low profile reel I have ever used. I don't know anyone who has one who doesn't agree. They don't have a "side button" but I bet your sweetie will be able to work past that one. They also come up frequently on ebay.

mhood

Dene Gatlin wrote:

I'm trying to find a baitcasting reel for my husband for Christmas. He has stated that he likes a low profile reel. He also likes a ?side button? I am clueless. I have looked on the internet and can't really tell by the pictures what is what. I have also been looking in the $200 range. He fishes in brackish water so corrosion is a factor. Can any of you anglers out there help me find a good reel for my hubby?