Old September 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default Sage rod advice, no pun

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:09:37 -0500, "Rodger"
wrote:

The other 'good' rod I lost was a G.Loomis, 10' ft., 9 wt, 2 pc.,
for fishing Canada. The only eqivalent Loomis rods I have found so
far are 4 pc. I have not been a fan of anything other than 2 pc. rods
but on a rod of that size it might not make that much difference. Any
opinions on that?

I doubt you will notice any difference between the equivalent four
piece Loomis and your 2 piece. Believe it or not, the four piece will
be a better caster and easier to travel with.

Your statement begs the question: why a 9 wt for Canada? I use a
Sage XPL in the 7 weight for northern pike and salmon in Canada and
Alaska. Do you use a 9 weight for Atlantic Salmon?

Also, replace your RPL with an XPL. You won't be sorry.

Dave