Old September 14th, 2008, 04:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

Default Sage rod advice, no pun

"Rodger" wrote in message

I was recently rear ended on the highway resulting in the total loss of
my Yukon along with three flyrods and reels. One of the rods was
a Sage RPL 590 Graphite III, 9', 5 wt., 2 pc....which is now an
unintentional 4 pc. For the insurance claim I have been trying to
establish what model Sage rod is an equivalent today. I would be
greatful for any advice.

Z-Axis series, $610.00 retail.

Mr. Lysyk gave you "sage" advice. If I recall correctly, when Sage went to
an uncoditional warranty they retro'd the warranty on their old rods that
people had bought prior to the warranty. If you are the original purchaser
of that rod, they may not have any RPL blanks to fix your rod but they may
provide you with their latest replacement at marginal cost.

Oh and Dickie, the XP series was only recently discontinued.