Old October 31st, 2004, 09:23 PM
bugcaster

Default Short TR of a short trip

"Peter Charles" wrote in message
FINALLY, I wet a line.

Blustery, cold, swirling winds -- oh ya, nice day.

I wanted steelhead,

Describes the latest trip to the Deschutes. I did not see anyone hook up,
but later learned that a few had caught fish on the same day. The ratio was
not good, and with my struggle on the spey rod, it was not likely I would
have been one to hook up. You have to believe it is possible, and I was
struggling with that concept.

The highlight was stopping in and getting some advice from John Hazel in
Maupin, and buying his DVD. I have watched the RIO video, and like the
Hazel DVD much better. The production is improved by the use of slow motion
and the excellent photography. I resisted buying a Loop, but my brother
bought a Blue Loop rod.

I've decided to sell my 13' 4" Hardy Elite when I get around to taking
photos. I'll soon enjoy a Blue Loop also.