Old March 5th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Short Wave Sportfishing

Default How to rig & fish a spoon?

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:25:05 -0500, joe wrote:

In article ,
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

But I gotta ask - what's a gator trout?

Maybe a 'slang' term but among those I fish the flats with in FL a
speckled trout (sal****er variety) over 24 - 25 inches is commonly
called a gator trout.

I suppose due to the large mouth and those fangs. They do typically
behave differently. They usually do not behave the same way as the
schooling trout that are smaller. Usually solitary and holding to a good
ambush spot or cruising the shallows looking for a meal.

Squeteague - big ugly things, but mighty tasty.

I miss fishing for specks. When I lived in Louisiana, I used to catch
them down around Venice and along Lake Ponchatrain in New Orleans
where I lived.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)