Old April 29th, 2004, 11:03 AM
pearl

Default IFAW - Saving Harp Seals

"usual suspect" wrote in message ...
pearl wrote:
*Entirely* irrelevant to the issue at hand. Stop moving goalposts, you nasty
foot-fetishist.

Temper, temper.

My temper is under control. I laugh at you, I don't lose my cool.

You lie.

No, silly woman, I really do laugh at you.

Only because you're a fool.

You tried to move the goalposts, but they
were just too heavy for you.

No, Lesley, I showed your misuse of the studies you cite. I can show you fat
veg-ns and thin meat-eaters. It has nothing to do with your points taken from
the SDA study. As Derek has also rightly shown, SDAs are not merely vegetarian.
Their lifestyles encompass factors far beyond the scope of the studies you've
(mis)used to make points.

Nope.

Yep.

BS.

You tried to argue that obesity is linked to prostate cancer,

I showed that obesity is the primary factor contributing to prostate cancer and
other cancers.

'primary' now, is it? Let's see;

Diet, obesity, and risk of fatal prostate cancer
DA Snowdon, RL Phillips and W Choi

Findings described in this report are for 6,763 white male Seventh-day
Adventists who completed a dietary questionnaire in 1960. Between
1960 and 1980 mortality data were collected on cohort members.
Overweight men had a significantly higher risk of fatal prostate cancer
than men near their desirable weight. *The predicted relative risk of
fatal prostate cancer was 2.5 for overweight men*. Suggestive positive
associations were *also* seen between fatal prostate cancer and the
consumption of milk, cheese, eggs, and meat. There was an orderly
dose- response between each of the four animal products and risk.
*The predicted relative risk of fatal prostate cancer was 3.6 for those
who heavily consumed all four animal products.* The results of this study
and others suggest that animal product consumption and obesity may be
risk factors for fatal prostate cancer.
http://aje.oupjournals.org/cgi/conte...ract/120/2/244
*emphasis mine

Looks like animal product consumption is the primary factor
contributing to fatal prostate cancer, particularly as meat eating
is also associated with obesity.

ignoring the meat aspect,

I didn't ignore it,

You scrawled;
"Same survey, same researchers. Compare these findings to other
studies of *OVERWEIGHT* study participants. *Obesity* kills,"

I pointed out that HIGH CONSUMPTION of foods with saturated
fat was noted as a factor in your study.

Not only.

'Suggestive positive associations were also seen between fatal prostate
cancer and the consumption of milk, cheese, eggs, and meat. *There was
an orderly dose- response between each of the four animal products and
risk.* The predicted relative risk of fatal prostate cancer was 3.6 for those
who heavily consumed all four animal products. The results of this study
and others suggest that animal product consumption and obesity may be
risk factors for fatal prostate cancer.
http://aje.oupjournals.org/cgi/conte...ract/120/2/244
*emphasis mine

You stupidly but conveniently ignored
(a) that the group with the highest mortality rate were already overweight and

Show us where you read that.

(b) that their consumption wasn't moderate or average.

That'd be correct.

then I showed you that meat eaters were
four times more likely to be obese.

That wasn't a scientific survey.

Of course it was.

IDIOT.

Whore.

Liar.

hahaha. BTW, thanks for this;

'Suggestive positive associations were also seen between fatal
prostate cancer and the consumption of milk, cheese, eggs, and
meat. There was an orderly dose- response between each of
the four animal products and risk. The predicted relative risk of
fatal prostate cancer was 3.6 for those who heavily consumed
all four animal products.'

Pay attention: those surveyed in that study were OBESE and they HEAVILY consumed
those products. Both factors -- obesity and level of consumption -- are notable.

Both factors in their own right, not together.

Yes, together.

No, not together.

What a tired ploy.

I know you don't comprehend science, which is why you rub feet for a living.
Stop trying to play like you understand what you're posting; the only person
you're fooling is yourself.

You wish. You aint got a clue- still.

Not so useless, after all. Rah.

I'm not, but you sure are.

You're beneath contempt,

Just yours, moron.

murderous fool.

I've never murdered anyone. As for the other part of your ad hominem, pot kettle
black.

Idiot child- you support WAR.