Old August 1st, 2006, 10:43 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Mr. Opus McDopus

Default life imitates art

wrote in message
ps.com...

Hey Op,

Perhaps one man;s opinion, but, in a "wet-golf game" the people are, by
definition, inclined as described. It really can't be any other way
and, since I made that term up, by golly that's what it means.

If you are so inclined to make-up silly phrases to describe catch and
release flyfishing, have at it.

There is
clearly something going on. I'm not sure why, to be honest, pure catch
and release fishing is any different than paint ball hunting deer.

So what? Maybe one day paint ball hunting will be in vogue?

If
someone has a thought why this is the case, I'd like to hear it.It has
struck me so odd over the years to hear anglers that say they flat
don't like to eat fish and/or simply don't want to be bothered by the
inherent responsibility to not wasting game. This is a fundamental
tenet that hunters and fishermen learn the first day they go out with a
father or an uncle.

Maybe people like toeat deer more than they do fish, or maybe it's because
you don't find a great deal of deer meat in the supermarket, yet the fish is
plentiful?

Further, Op, you could fish less and/or quit when you had enough to eat
1-2. You'd have less impact on the fishery (compared to the
unrestricted pure catch and release and expected random mortality) as
well as be contributing to a better experience for the guy that comes
along later who finds the hole empty.

What's there to enjoy finding a fishin' hole devoid of trout? Because that
is what you are advocating. If there was no catch and release in this part
of the country, there'd be no trout to fish for.

You'd certainly have to agree
with this.

You are grossly misstaken!

Also, if it's OK with you, I like fishing this '**** hole' just fine
thankee.

Well that's great. However, it's gonna be a lonely place, once I leave.

Op

Your pal,