Old April 5th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Larry L

Default What's your favorite fly fishing book?

"Doug Kanter" wrote

Sometimes, arguing with a 14 yr old is like ****ing into the wind.

With my kid, I've had better luck just trying to be understood rather than
trying to "win" If my son actually understands my point, but still
politely disagrees with me, I respect that in him and wouldn't want him to
be otherwise. Just a thought, something on my mind before I read your post,
as I had a 'conversation' with him this morning, and we each expressed our
position, then agreed to disagree, instead of continuing to bicker to see
who was biggest ..... a big step towards manhood, imho ( in both our
cases )

Oh, I think Borger's "Presentations" might be pretty good as "a" book for a
beginner... it covers nearly everything ... although I do get tired of him
telling us just how great he is and what year he invented the knot and the
fly rod G

Mike Lawson's new book "Spring Creeks" has a similar 'cover everything'
structure IF you fish flat water .... not a suggestion for the beginner, but
I got the book a week or so ago and enjoyed it .... I fish a lot of the
places Mike uses as examples and he and I see the FF world a lot alike ...if
he agrees with me, he must be right, I'd say G