Old April 5th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Bill Curry

Default What's your favorite fly fishing book?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
If you saw my post last week, looking for comments on beginner's fly

fishing
outfits, you know I'm about to take a class. I offered my 14 yr old son

the
opportunity to join me. He said he wants to learn, but not from a class.
"You taught me how to fish - how about you teach me to use a fly rod?"
Sometimes, arguing with a 14 yr old is like ****ing into the wind. He

will,
however, take a book to the bathroom for his daily "one hour on the

throne".
Anyone got a favorite book which explains tippets, knots, casting ideas,
etc?

Hi,

The Orvis book is super - and a lot of it is available free online to have a
look at...
http://www.orvis.com/intro.asp?dir_id=758&subject=48

You can read the pieces there and see if you think it worth the price.

Bill
http://www.tightlines.ca