Old February 15th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Bob Sheedy

Default Tying Leaders(recomendation on lengths)

Maxima makes excellent leaders although some do not like the flat versions.
When tying a leader support the last section in your hand and study the
curve. If it sags radically it will not likely support the next section when
it turns over during the cast. Formulas come and go and each manufacturer
varies so this was the simplest and most reliable way that I used in my own
book to describe it. It ain;t perfect but it works. Give it a try.

Bob S

--
Bob Sheedy
www.mwflyfishing.net
Author: Lake Fly Fishing Strategies
Bob Sheedy's Top Fifty Stillwater Fly Patterns

"Joe Ellis" wrote in message
In article ,
(BruceCap) wrote:

I've just begun tying my own leaders, does anyone have any recomendations

using
Maxima monofilament on the leader profiles to get proper turn over. I

have some
but looking for recomendations on 12 ft- 7X and 9 ft.-7X.

Leader formulae? How many do you want? grin

See my web site:

http://home.mindspring.com/~filker/index.html

It's heavily under construction, but the leader pages are complete...