Old February 14th, 2008, 12:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Default HARD BAITS

I recommend that you invest in a telescoping lure retriever and harvest
crankbaits off trees along lake shores. This saves you a ton of money, is
ecologically sound (in fact, I think it may even reduce your carbon
footprint), and is fun, too.

For several years, as several in this group can attest, I've made it my
practice to tie on the lure I just plucked from the "lakeside market" and
fish it for a while. Usually I catch fish with it, too, at about the same
rate as I did with the carefully selected crankbait that it replaced.

That's not to say all crankbaits are the same, of course. Where I throw my
new acquisition and how I retrieve it depends on its design. But the lesson
I've learned is that we tend to over-complicate things.

Joe

wrote in message
can some one please recommend a good hard bait for me. (perferably
not top water)

THANKS