Old October 31st, 2007, 08:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jack Schmitt

Default Short trip report of a short trip

I fished Percy Priest just east of Nashville on Monday afternoon. Wind was
out of the NW at about 10 and a full moon was present. Surface temp was 65F.
I started at 3PM and I generally do not do well on this lake with a NW wind.
I started fishing a drop shot rig in 30 feet of water where a point drops
into a creek channel moving slowly up the point. I was using a motor oil
glitter 4 inch worm rigged wacky style. I have started using orthodontic
elastic bands around the worm to prevent tearing the worm so badly. In 2
hours from 3 to 5 PM, I boated 9 largemouth, 3 of which exceeded 15 inches.
All were released.

My picture taking while fishing alone leaves something to be desired, but I
will try to put up a photo or so.

Jack in Brentwood, TN.