Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:49 AM posted to alt.fishing
[email protected]

Default New Book Commercial Fishing

Dear Family, Friends and Colleagues,

www.saltinourblood.com

In December 2000, I began a journal to record what daily life was like
for me as a fisherman’s wife , while my husband Bob, sons Ben and
Dylan, were on the ocean fishing for Dungeness crab and sablefish ,
off the coast of Oregon, Washington and Northern California.

In December 2001, one of our boats, the F/V Nesika, capsized while
setting gear for Dungeness crab. All four men aboard, including our
oldest son Ben, died at sea.

I continued to keep a journal of our life for the year after—what it
was like to face the pain of their deaths, as well as dealing with
Coast Guard investigations and insurance company lawyers.

The journal was put aside for a number of years, but it’s since been
edited, and has been published by Dancing Moon Press. The title of
the book is Salt in Our Blood: The Memoir of a Fisherman’s Wife.

I hope you will visit the website www.saltinourblood.com , to get a
glimpse of what is inside, and order the book.

Thanks to all of you who have supported us all these years.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Michele