Old December 4th, 2007, 11:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Default Best Scent

Joshuall wrote:
We've used Bang in the Shad and Crawfish scents for several years. Are
wondering what the rest of the group uses/recommends and why. Looking
forward to tyring something new. As ususal Thanks guys and gals.

I avoid baits with cooked in scent and never add any scent or
"attractant" of any kind to a bait. In recent years, I had to cave in
and accept salted baits, just because so many otherwise 'interesting'
baits came with it. But I really couldn't care less if a bait has salt,
and for flipping in heavy veggies, I'd prefer it doesn't, because it
just makes the bait that much more fragile.

IMHO, scent products are nothing but a crutch. A placebo crutch at that.