Old April 20th, 2008, 09:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Default losin and gettin the bluesi

up at 4 am yesterday, and headed off to shackeleford banks on the coast.
my original plan was to see is if i could find a puppy drum in the
same areas i caught them last fall. got there near the end of the
rising high tide and stayed through full cycle of tides back to
high...but no drum. however, the blues were plentiful...except in my
head. caught a lot of them, inside in the marshes and out in the ocean
near the lookout jetties. all good eating size and put up a good fight
on my light spinning tackle. as a bonus, i had close up vists by the
shackleford banks wild horses. i walked around on the low tide flats
and sand bars, and walked with one of them for over 300 yards between
the islands they frequent and graze. unfortunately, i didn't have my
camera at the time.

here are a few shots...the last one below shows the same island as this
one but at a different tide level.