Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default Single Malts

On Sep 21, 8:09*am, George Cleveland
wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 03:53:34 -0700 (PDT), Giles
wrote:

On Sep 20, 11:14*pm, George Cleveland
wrote:

...So my question to the ROFFians here is what else is there that is
tasty and less than $50/bottle? Anyone have a favorite?

Can't help you with those questions. *But if you get any good tips and
aren't able to find the stuff, I can probably get it here and send it
on up.

Does this make
me another elite, snobbish, flyfishing poseur, the kind I used to pity
and mock?

Well, no, not in and of itself.....but when you add in the silk tent
and curtains, the pretentious cars, the domestic staff and all the
rest.....

And how should I feel about that?

Deeply ashamed.

You going to Avalanche this year? *Or did that already happen?

g.

*For the first time in 9 years we're skipping Avalanche. There isn't
anything 'official' planned but some of the Boyz are going to be there
next weekend and Jacci has to work. I'm going to miss a last go round
with the Kickapoo browns.

Oddly enough, I've gone by there several times in the past couple of
months.....on the way to and from a friend's place just outside of
Sparta. Didn't stop to fish, though.

While it looks like work is going to kick into high gear soon I'm
still thinking about trying to make it to one of the Lake Michigan
feeders to try for stockers.

Pale sport, if you ask me. But, yeah, it's something that has to be
done once in a while.

Of course we'll need some rain first.
Nothing up here for 23 days.

We got some showers here last night.....desperately needed and not
enough. Should borrow some from Georgia. Hm......ya s'pose old T-
Bone had the right idea after all?

g.